Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Brr..its getting a little windy.

Time for my October blog. I started writing one before but seriously JUST noticed that most of it was cut off. Whoops.
I LOVE fall. I love the weather, I love the cheap activities and I love the scenery. What I don’t love? The stress. I feel like fall is automatically a stressful time of year for us. It’s always a time when things just get hard. Period. The weather changing with the seasons means that the kids need new sizes in their wardrobe. Let’s face it…that’s just part of being a parent. How do you balance new shoes, clothes, and bills with everything else? Ugh. Stressful. This is financially a hard time for us. That’s not a secret. Am I complaining? No. Just writing. Sometimes it’s better to write for me than it is to hold it all in. Christmas is coming too. Oy..I don’t EVEN want to touch that subject yet. That stress will, I’m sure, build up. This is a part of life. You have bills, you have wonderful babies to support, you love, you encourage, you trust HIM. Again, I’m not complaining, but I can’t tell you how many times people go “you just can’t catch a break, can you?” It’s TRUE!! It is one thing after another…and another. Again..its life. I’m so so thankful for the friends and family that are in our lives. Sometimes it’s the words of wisdom or the kind hearts that really pull us through.  Ok enough venting.
We went to Little Rock on the 3rd to take Jaxon back to Children’s Hospital. I thought that this visit would be better. It wasn’t. Unfortunately Derek couldn’t go with us because he couldn’t afford for him to miss work. The plan was for my mother in law, Traci to go with Jax and I and drive down in her car, while Beth watched the younger two. Fast forward to the morning of. I got a text that Beth was sick. Poor seester! Derek didn’t want me to take the little two because it would have been insane. SO, his boss let him leave at lunch so he could keep the little ones. BIG paycheck dent. BOO! So Traci, Jax, and I drove down to Little Rock. THANK GOD that mama and Traci paid for the gas down there! Stress reliever much? We ended up getting there late, just a little, but hey, we made it safely! We got right in, and saw Dr Harik. With all the crazy scheduling at home and the steering cable in mama’s car broken for a little while I couldn’t get Jax to the Dr office during his fever cycle for his blood work. How nice it would be to have a vehicle that was OURS and didn’t breakdown. I wonder what that’s like. Still extremely grateful that mama is letting us borrow hers! Blessing. Back to the visit. Jaxon’s fevers are USUALLY every 16 to 17 days. Its usually clockwork. So Dr Harik wanted to see if his blood work levels showed any signs of inflammation during non cycles. If he DID have inflammation then we would get referred to a Rheumatologist. SCARY. She said that if there was inflammation then we would most likely be looking at things like juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and lupus. It took every single ounce of my strength not to break down in front of my baby. She also explained that it was SUPER important to get the blood work done during his next cycle. Jax had blood work done in LR and we left with a new appointment date (Nov. 7th) and them saying that we would get a phone call soon with the results. That night and the next morning I was super emotional, not crying but just anxious waiting. Just knowing that the results from that one set of blood work could change my son’s life was a lot for me to take in. To be blunt, it sucked. NO parent should experience this. When I DID get the phone call I was thrilled to learn that Jax had no high levels of inflammation, which means no lupus or JRA.THANK YOU JESUS! I lost it. I cried on the phone with the nurse, I cried talking to Derek, my parents…everyone. All the fear that I had been holding just flowed out in tears. I was more terrified than I realized. Now, what does this mean? It means that we are most likely looking at PFAPA. This is great news. Treatable. Frustrating? Yes, for my baby. It’s so rare, but hey..it could be so much worse. I thank God that it went this way and not in way that could have changed his life forever. Our God has a plan. I have no idea what it is. I trust him..everything has happened in the last couple of years for a reason. It’s so random though, because Jaxon HAS NOT developed a fever since we left ACH. He should have had a fever around Oct 7th. It still hasn’t hit. So now it’s kind of like we are just waiting. Dr Harik said that because his fever cycles have been getting shorter and closer that we may be coming to the end of PFAPA..especially since it only lasts till age 7 and Jax is less than a year away from that. YAY!
So that’s October for now. We had a trip to the pumpkin patch on Saturday so I’ll upload pictures from that in a couple of days.
Thanks for your continued prayers and support for our family. It truly means the world to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment