Friday, July 8, 2011

What is the goal/the waiting place

Yesterday something REALLY amazing happened to me that I can't really tell anyone about yet. All I can say is that to some people it wouldn't be a big deal but to me it's HUGE..and a confirmation that I'm going in the right direction. I will say this...I have been wondering why God laid this blog and my weight loss out in front of me to tackle head on in such a public way. I think it became pretty clear to me this morning when I thought "I haven't battled my weight for this long for God not to use my weightLOSS in a positive way." DUH Kailey! I'm asking for help because I NEED help in a big way. And the first step to "recovery" is asking for help, right? But the goal in the end is to a) be healthy b) inspire others c) pay it forward. That's Gods plan for me..I know it, without a shadow of a doubt. I can't do that from a place that doesn't give me a foundation to lose weight without putting my family in financial jeopardy. last might on the phone with my amazing, encouraging friend Keri she reminded me of what she's been telling me for years. That God has something great in store for me. she is sending a new book my way that I'm super excited to read. She hasn't even read my blog, but she said the funniest thing to me. She said "God has laid this on you for a reason." Keri..if you DO read this "have I toooold you lately that I love you?" sang in a total Rod Stewart voice.

My favorite book is "Oh the places you'll go" by Dr. Seuss. Yep..Dr. Seuss! Don't judge me :-) I was reading the book again to my kids this morning and a lot of this book is relevant to my life. LOL
Here are some "a-ha" lines for me:

"with your head full of brains and your shoes full of feet, you're too smart to go down any not-so-good street" -well we all know my past, so now I'm correcting my mistakes!

"and when things start to happen don't worry, don't stew, Just go right along. YOU'LL start happening too!"

"un-slumping yourself is not easily done"

"you'll come to a place where the streets are not marked. Some windows are lighted. But mostly they're darked. A place you could sprain both your elbow and chin! Do you dare to go out? Do you dare to go in? HOW MUCH CAN YOU LOSE? How much can you WIN?" um, pretty much sums it up!

"the waiting place...for people just waiting. Waiting for a...plane to go, or the mail to come, or the pone to ring, or waiting around for a yes or a no. Everyone is just waiting. For a ...better break....a pair of pants...or another chance. Everyone is just waiting."

"Oh the places you'll go! There is fun to be done! There are points to be scored. There are games to be won.."

"I'm afraid that some times you'll play lonely games too.games you can't win 'cause you'll play against you"---this is how I feel RIGHT NOW, with no help :-/

"and will you succeed? YES! You will, indeed! (98& 3/4 guaranteed.) KID YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!"

Hmmm. Smart man, that Dr. Seuss!!

I'll stop rambling now :-) have a good day y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment